Thursday, July 31, 2014
Juliana Farms, Chats With Community Leaders and Creates Art
Today we went to Glide's rooftop garden. We did lots of projects like picking out potatoes from the potato tower, watering the plants and shifting the compost. After that we harvested some lettuce and some other plants that are edible and made it for lunch. I learned that they harvest food from their garden once a week and serve it to people.
Links to all the places you will go!
- Rainbow Grocery Cooperative
- Glide's Graze the Roof Farm
- Heart of the City Farmers' Market
- Serving at Glide Meals Programs
- Mission Food and Murals
- SF FOOD BANK
- Water Quality Testing Laurel Dell and Cataract Falls Marin County
- Kayaking Tomales Bay
- Marine Mammal Center
- SFPUC - Wastewater Tour
- Good Earth Grocery Fairfax
- SPAWN - Turtle Island Restoration Network